SIX WEEK SERIES: How to Plan, Write, and Publish a Book with Mary Carroll Moore
What: Six-week writing workshop, starting Tuesday, April 30 through June 18, skipping May 24 and June 4
When: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester in the Hospitality Center Room 201 (Building 23 on this MAP). You may park in the Robert Frost Lot, or in the Visitor's Lot across from the main entrance.
Please note: 10 person minimum for this class to proceed. Class size limit 24. If the class is canceled due to insufficient registration, you will be notified via email.
Get to know your book—what it is about, how to structure it, how to plan to finish it! You’ll learn a step-by-step plan, including flexible timelines, chapter grids, storyboarding, and other techniques. You’ll look at ways to flow chapters, find holes in your material that need filling, organize research and concepts, construct plots, and bring your book into manifestation. You’ll also learn what editors and agents look for and gain essential tips on editing and evaluating your book in all its stages. Includes essential support for book writers: building a writing practice, facing the Inner Critic, working with a brainstorming list of topics, getting feedback, in-depth writing exercises for book writers, and a lively community to share your work and get constructive and inspiring feedback from Mary. Designed for memoir writers, fiction writers, and nonfiction writers with a book concept or work-in-progress. PLEASE NOTE: Mary's TWO-DAY WORKSHOP is a prerequisite for the six-week series. If you attend Mary's class at Writers' Day 2013, you are also eligible to register for the six-week series.
Cost: NHWP members = $235 and nonmembers = $290 (includes automatic one year NHWP membership). To register CLICK HERE.
What to bring for class:
- writing notebook or paper and pens
- your laptop and charger if you wish (an extension cord is handy too)
- any ideas you have for your book so far, including manuscript pages you've written to date--raw or polished (please print out)
- 1 large 18" x 24" foam core board, display board, or poster board for creating your Storyboard
- 2 packages of any color 2 to 3-inch-square Post-It notes
- 2-3 of your favorite published books by other authors, preferably in the same genre as your book